Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Resolution


Girl and family looking for land... This "all organic" stand you see was a heartbreak.  We found 4.2 acres of beautiful local land that would have been a dream come true.  Sadly, it did not work out.  I mourn for the lavender farm, peach trees, cultivated veggie patches and farm house that almost became ours.  So the search is back on.  All I know is that it is becoming a true calling.  I think about it everyday.  It was in listening to Barbara Kinsolver's book "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" on CD in my car on a very long drive, that I felt affirmed in a way of life that I am seeking for myself and my family.  So follow my journey.  I look at my own garden and wonder if I will be leaving her, not for something better, because this is where I discovered my passion for growing food afterall, my little corner backyard patch.  I do hope for a place to grow on a bigger scale though- I do have dreams of becoming a micro-farmer of sorts, even if that "micro" is really micro.  I see a new energy of environmentalism and celebration of things small and local in my community, and I am inspired to become an active part of it.  So this is my New Year's resolution, as I feel very resolved.  Take me to a land where I can grow food like I've never grown it before!

No comments:

Post a Comment