Sunday, October 6, 2013

Bean and Veggie Salad

I am enjoying such a variety of tomatoes finally. I started the six varieties I have from seed but was late transplanting them due to the school business of May/June.  As a result, I've had a gazillion green tomatoes on my hand for the last weeks.  I've had nightmares about being forced into vats of green tomato chow chow.  Finally, with this glorious Indian summer, in has come the purples, yellows, oranges of heirloom tomatoes and the brilliant reds of my beefsteak and Romas.  Stay tuned for salsa canning next weekend.  In the meantime, here's a lovely healthy salad to try.  So easy, so colourful, so healthy!




Ingredients:

~1 can of mix bean medley (strained and rinsed)
~ 2 cups of mixed cherry tomatoes cut in half
~ 1 cup of sugar snap peas
~ 2 tbsp of fresh basil chopped

Dressing:

~ 2 tbsp of light tasting olive oil
~1 tbsp of white wine vinegar
~1 clove of garlic diced finely
~1 tsp of smooth Dijon mustard
~1 tsp of fresh lemon juice
~ pinch of kosher salt and cracked pepper

Here's my little pea picker!


No comments:

Post a Comment