Thursday, August 8, 2013

Beginning...

Vegetable gardening is a passion for me.  With all of its wonderful bounty comes the daily question of, "What am I going to make with all this great food?"  Over the last three years I have continued to expand my garden, both in space and variety.  I have dabbled in canning, pickling, freezing and more.  While preserving the garden is rewarding, (especially when you open a jar of fresh salsa in February), my true cooking joy comes from going to the garden just before mealtime, and to cook with veggies still warm from the sun.  This blog aims to be a collection of the best of the recipes that I have adapted or developed, and that I want to record and share.  
Part of the joy of growing your own food is knowing where your food comes from and what has gone into it.  As a mother of three children, part of the inspiration in veggie gardening is helping my kids eat healthily.  Keira's favourite is a pea off the vine first thing in the morning, Ben is patiently awaiting our green peppers, and Lewis is pleading with me to grow fruit!  My husband Mike is always a willing eater of the garden harvest, everything except for recipes involving beets!

No comments:

Post a Comment